When Progressivism has no where left to hide … ramp up the class warfare. Got a news flash for the media and Progressives - on November 2nd 2010 the citizens of America called Bull Hockey on you. Class warfare is worn out. It’s old. It doesn’t work.
Wikipedia: “As of 2006, the United States had one of the highest levels of income inequality, as measured through the Gini index, among high income countries, comparable to that of some middle income countries such as Russia or Turkey, being one of only few developed countries where inequality has increased since 1980.”
“In 2003 a household in the 95th percentile earned 77.2% more than a household in the 80th percentile, compared to 60.5% in 1967, a 27.6% increase in the earnings increase discrepancy between the two groups. Overall the income of the 95th percentile grew 15.2% faster than that of the 80th, 146.8% faster than that of the median and 159.9% faster than that of the 20th percentile.”
“Several economists have demonstrated that income inequality has grown more rapidly under Republican administrations than under Democratic administrations. Income-tax policy has been cited as one of several factors that contributed to inequality. Republican President Ronald Reagan reduced the top marginal tax rate from over 70 to 28 percent during his tenure in office, which greatly contrasted with the very high top marginal tax rates in place during the period of great income equality, the “Great Compression”.”
This isn’t a “class war” unless you think the fact that while the highest earners in the country have seen their incomes rise well beyond the percentage the other 99% while seeing their taxes decrease and the other 99% increase.
I guess thats “war” if you happen to be the 1%, the other 99% would probably call it something more along the lines of “restoring economic sanity”
As an aside, whenever someone loosely uses the team “the media” as if it’s one nebulous, all encompassing entity, I have to wonder if they’ve lost their remote control or ability to use the Internet.